How to install Phabricator?
What is Phabricator?
Phabricator is a set of developing tools and collection of web applications that help software companies build better software. Phabricator includes applications for: code reviewing, repository hosting, bug tracking, project management, and more.
: Hello, How is your learning going on?
: If you are a Developer, Tester, or who is gonna work in either IT or working in IT you may hear one term is called Code Review.
: If you need to work as a team and code Professionally, then the code review is more important.
: The senior developer will review the junior developer’s code for more Productivity and Quality.
: When we get happy in code review at the time there are only fewer changes or immediate approval is done.
: You may have a question about why we need to move with a Phabricator and what is phabricator? Shall we see now?
Why need to install Phabricator:
: Phabricator is a tool which is majorly used for Team Collaboration and mainly for Code Review Purpose.
: I think most of the guys already know about Git or GitHub. If not that is not an issue. In the short term, It is version control to maintain different versions of our code to share with our team.
: If Everyone is pushing the code to git without review then it will look messy, then other developers will hate to work in development.
: If like that, then now there won’t be an IT Industry to complete projects faster or To fix the issues in the code.
Phabricator windows Installation Process: (Follows Step by Step)
1) PHP Installation:
- Download PHP from https://www.php.net/downloads.php
- Extract to C:\php
- Edit in C:\php\php.ini => extension_dir = “C:/php/ext” ( If Semicolon is there, then remove the semicolon)
- Add C:\php path to Environment Variables. Check mainly PHP application type is there in C:\php folder)
- Then go to cmd ( Command Prompt) and type PHP -v. If it showing some output then only PHP will be installed.
2) Git Installation:
- Download git and install from https://git-scm.com/download/
3) Open git bash and type the following commands ($ is no need to type)
- $ mkdir phabricator
- $ cd phabricator
- $ git clone https://github.com/phacility/libphutil.git
- $ git clone https://github.com/phacility/arcanist.git
4) Arcanist path:
- $ cd arcanist
- $ cd bin
- Copy this path Url and add in Environment Variable
5) Arc Test:
- $ arc help
- Go to the project folder and create a folder in the name of .arcconfig
“phabricator.Uri”: (Phabricator Server Url need to put here)
- $ git init
- $ git add.
- $ git commit -m “Commit Message”
- $ arc install-certificate (This is used to install the certificate. One time only for one project)
- Login to the phabricator link and copy the API token.
- Paste API token which is copied from the site and paste it in the phabricator window.
- Add the git remote repo link for the project.
6) Major Arc commands:
- $ arc diff
- It is used to create the code review. In this Content, test plan, reviewers id ( who all are going to review your code, Their phabricator username) and subscriber id ( your username)
- Save and Exit ( ctrl+o -> Enter -> ctrl+x)
- Send the link to the reviewer. (Ex: https://phabricator.website.com/D1)
- D1 is here code review Id.
- $ arc diff –update <review id Ex: D1>
- Modify and update the code when rejected.